TB: 3rd SA seedling blooming today

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: 3rd SA seedling blooming today
  • From: <willwarner@alltel.net>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 7:33:41 -0500

Hello everybody, good morning:), I was hoping one of these steely blue
seedlings would open up SA.  And low and behold, today one did.  Lot's
of dusting like the others, this one has bluer (lav), beards tipped yellow.
But, where the horn lifts from the falls both the horn and the falls have
this odd gold color.  I don't see this color anywhere else on the flower,
the hafts are more olive.  I'll get a pic of it tonite, after it goes through
80degrees for a day.  It will likely fade, and the gold area will either go
away, or become more prominant. it just opened in the pic, so the form
might drop some too.    All of these steely blue seedlings are fairly
small, but all are maiden bloom.  It seems the seedlings that made just a
few flowers are blooming really big and short, and the one's with smaller
flowers have more buds and more developed branching, and blooming
taller.  Since it's first year, I guess next year will be the time to judge.
Any thoughts?  Well, I've got a 10hr shift ahead of me, gotta get ready.
cya. Will Warner

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image

JPEG image