Pacific Coast Iris

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Pacific Coast Iris
  • From: Debby <d.j.nelson@sasktel.net>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 18:21:21 -0500

My sister just sent me this picture of a Pacific Coast Iris that she grew from seed. She lives in Vancouver, British Columbia and I live in Saskatchewan, and I know that this will not be hardy enough for my area. (Which is officially 2b, but I grow zone 3 and zone 4 plants with success.)
My question is... do you think it would be possible for me to grow this in a pot and maybe winter it in my basement? Would I have a prayer of it surviving? (Hey, I can dream can't I?)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links