RE: Pattern and/or similar iris help request

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Pattern and/or similar iris help request
  • From: "Harold Peters" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 06:42:44 -0700

Bill,

Yes, there are registered iris with the white zonal rays. I have heard of two names for the pattern; starburst and sunburst.  Fortunately you didn't ask for the name of the cultivars because my memory is not up to that task at this moment. Tom Johnson does come to mind. In reality, the white rays are haft markings.

I have been meaning to ask. Did your LAs bloom this year?

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762