Query: Camera colors

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Query: Camera colors
  • From: slengst@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 18:42:10 EDT

I have an Olympus D-560, digital camera.  The camera seems to record most colors faithfully, except deep purples which it wants to make into deep blues.  World Premier would be an example.  I remember Sandra Barss's photos from last year, quite blue and for her, in her soils/Manitoba climate, etc it may well be.  I bought the iris.  My blooms this year are deep colored but a bit more purple, but they photograph as a straight dark blue.

I can, vaguely, correct this with Corel Photo-Paint which allows changing only one color, but that doesn't seem to be the most sophistocated solution, as an iris may have purples and blues in it, the photo shows just blues, I change the color and I've lost the real blues.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance,
Sharon Engstrom

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor