Re: Query: Camera colors

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Query: Camera colors
  • From: "Sandra" <bardraj2003@yahoo.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 18:52:53 -0700

I don't have a solution to this problem, however, I think it may have something to do with the way we see color too....( or
does this sound too strange ? )  I just bought a digital camera and one of my first subjects was an African Violet which I
thought was deep blue.  When I took the photo it turned out a deep purple....of course I blamed the camera.  Next morning
I took another photo of the Violet against a white paper (of course the light was different then, too) and at that time I noticed
the Violet was indeed a deep purple.  When I added a blue box and photographed the Violet the difference was very obvious
in the photo.  I experiment with these two items in different types of lighting and lighting really makes a big difference.

I hope you aren't too unhappy with World Premier, if you relied on my photo to make your choice.  I intent to take another
photo with this new camera and see what the difference is....(I still remember it as a blue iris).

Sandra

P.S.  the photo shows both objects on a white piece of paper with the morning sun shining on them.