Re: could this be...

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] could this be...
  • From: dorothie Hellman flufflebottom@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 20:19:33 -0700 (PDT)

Donald

Could be Swingtown, but I don't think so.  Here's a
link to the DG version.

The Iris I'm seeing labeled "Swingtown" have purple
beards.  Beards are a good help when you're looking.
Is yours fragrant?  Schreiner's says that Swingtown
is.  I have one unlabeled one that is really close to
the one you've sent and it is incredibly fragrant.  It
has big flowers too and the beards start out yellow
and get light blue to white.  The stands are very
short in relationship to the falls.  I'm trying to get
the grower who sent it to me by mistake to tell me
what it is.  Let me know if you find out.  I couldn't
get swingtown growing either, and the only other Iris
I ever got came with mold and it rotted.  I should
have tossed it.

Doss

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/36727/index.html