Re: seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: seedling
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 20:18:39 -0000

>--  I have no scientific basis for thinking this, but I think that
> the texture of the object plays a part in color perception.

I think you are absolutely dead-on about it being a factor in color
perception.  Just comparing a bloom in sun and in shade or in
artificial light can affect how the color is perceived.  When I have
a broken stalk that has bloomed inside, I always carry it out to
daylight to see it.

> which I'd like to cross with a reblooming
> red, preferably velvet.  Know of a good one?

Nope.  Better ask Betty about the possibilities here.  Rebloom is a
scarce thing here at best and nearly all are yellow.  And the others
sure aren't red.

Yahoo! Groups Links