Unknown Historics blooming ...

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Unknown Historics blooming ...
  • From: "Sheri" mnhop2@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 16:38:21 -0000

Hello all,

  I just sent some pictures to the unknown file in the files section,
of some old iris blooming around my house this week.  These plants
have been here forever (all my life anyway).  I know its hard to ID
via pictures.. but could  someone take a stab at it??  These plants
have been left alone/ neglected forever.. nothing special has ever
been done to them.  They could be shorter than they should be.. due
to poor soil or whatever.. but heck if I know. I've been to the
Historic Iris webiste and gone through allt he pictures.. found a few
possibilities.. but most are way taller than these are.  I'd
appreciate any and all feedback.  Thank you!  My more known
varieities are setting buds now.. so the color show is soon to begin
around here.  Hope I can share pictures soon too!

Sheri in MN
mnhop2@comcast.net