Re: Unknown Historics blooming ...

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Unknown Historics blooming ...
  • From: "David Ferguson" manzano57@msn.com
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 23:22:23 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Sun, 8 May 2005 23:22:23 -0600

The ones labeled as DkPurpleHistoric appear to me to be I. x germanica.  They look a great deal like the cultivar{s} called 'Crimson King' and 'Nepalensis'.  The photos do not appear to match exactly the photos I have of 'Crimson King', which have slightly darker coloring and the dark veining at the hafts slightly thicker; however, they are so close that the difference could be cultural, and they could indeed be the same.  These should be early flowering and barely larger than IB size (with rather small flowers as compared to most TB's).
Hope that gets you closer.

Yahoo! Groups Links