Re: RE:CULT: Batik? Yep!!!

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE:CULT: Batik? Yep!!!
  • From: "David Ferguson" manzano57@msn.com
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 21:14:06 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Wed, 11 May 2005 21:14:06 -0600

Mike,

After reading the following message, I went back and had another look at your picture.  I'm willing to accept that it is probably 'Batik'.  When I look closely, I see nothing that rules 'Batik' out, and there are hints of white streaks.  While my 'Batik' plants never have two flowers exactly alike, I've never had a flower quite like the one in your photo.  I have had "normal" plicata flowers, part plicata, nearly sold white or nearly solid purple individual petals, large irregular splotches of color instead of streaks, etc.  When I look at your photo, I see a bud to the upper right that looks like a normal 'Batik' flower about to open.  Is it on the same stalk, and if so, do you have a photo that shows the stalk connecting the open flower with the more normally colored unopened bud?  That would end the question for any doubters.

Dave