Re: the aril collar

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: the aril collar
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 16:16:01 -0000

The other parent is STAR OF SPRING, an OGB from Flanagan.  DUNSHANBE
is the pod parent.  I had pods last year fron DUNSHANBE and the seeds
looked the same.  The pollen parent in that case was PACIFIC BELLE, a
Lauer TB.  The collars (and seeds) will shrink some when they are
completely dry.  They have already shrunk some.  Collars vary in size
on the ABs here.  Some ABs have seeds that look like a TB seed; most
have some collar but the range in size varies a lot.

Thinking I may have as many snakes as irises at the moment.  A
copperhead yesterday in the yard; another copperhead plus a
rattlesnake today.  Makes me want to just park myself in the air-
conditioning in our mid 90s temp.

Yahoo! Groups Links