Re: the aril collar

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] the aril collar
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerry.snyder@comcast.net
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 14:13:28 -0700

Donald Eaves wrote:
> The white donut on the seed is where the arils get their name.  These seeds
> were from DUNSHANBE collected a couple of days ago. (Where is Gerry when
> need him?)

The best pic of the feature I have ever seen. I had no idea the aril
(seed covering or something like that, as often appearing in the
crossword puzzles) could be so impressive.

Thank you very much for the posting.

Gerry, whose bloom season is almost over
Gerry Snyder
American Iris Society Director, Symposium Chair
in warm, winterless Los Angeles -- USDA zone 9b, Sunset 18-19

Yahoo! Groups Links