HYB: data on R 16-9-

  • Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: data on R 16-9-
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 19:49:34 -0400

The iris is BB height at 23" average this year.  Last year it was taller, as
were most of the seedlings.  Stalks have two branches with multiple buds in
sockets, averaging 6-7 per stalk.

The cross for R 16-9 is Power Woman X Happenstance (Power Woman being from
Swingtown x Romantic Evening).

By now I've raised quite a range of Power Woman seedlings covering quite a
range of types and colors.  Many have had high quality blossoms with
fair-to-middlin' but acceptable branching and bud count (if one doesn't set
the standards too high).

The pattern is of a broken Umbrata showing the ancestral relationship to *I.
variegata* in part.

Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4  western NC mountains