Re: HYB:Ugliest so far

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB:Ugliest so far
  • From: Carlos Ayento brightonparkiris@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:20:48 -0700 (PDT)

I like the stranger color ones.  I don't think it's ugly at all.
Brighton Park Iris

Neil A Mogensen <neilm@charter.net> wrote:
On Iris-talk we were joking about names, and I said I had a seedling that
was about the ugliest Iris I'd ever seen.  Now I have three of them, but
this takes the prize.

Trouble is, the photo looks halfway decent....for color anyway.  The
mud-ugly grey color in life comes out almost luminous pinkish grey, not a
bad color in its own right.

I should have taken this early this morning.  The blooms are half wilted and
losing there rather attractive form in the afternoon heat.

I won't embarrass the originators of the parents/grandparents by giving the
pedigree.....any balance between normal cream and light blue is going to
come out like this unless one or the other pigment slides to one side or the
other on the color chart.

Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4  western NC mountains