Re: HYB: R 16-9(photo included)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: R 16-9(photo included)
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 07:22:56 -0400

Wow - nice colors!

Hard to tell from the photo, but I suspect I wouldn't like that one
either.  Just don't find those dark colors with a lot of white lines
around the beard at all appealing.  Doesn't bother me on a light colored
iris.

I also don't care for zonals, or ?is it EMMA COOK pattern?, but do love
those dark umbratas so at least I'm consistent - dark on light ground I
like, light on dark I don't.  My tolerance seems to be about half way
down the beard.  Depending on how rounded and ruffled the standards are,
sometimes they hide enough of it to keep me happy.

Unless the whole bloom is patterned.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8