RE: Re: ROSEMOHR's growing family

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Re: ROSEMOHR's growing family
  • From: arilbredbreeder@cs.com
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 23:58:19 -0400

"Christopher Darlington" <chrisdarlington@videotron.ca> wrote:

>Does Rosemohr breed vigor in to these seedlings, how do they grow
>compared to Esther?  There's a lot of people who can't grow Esther The
>Queen.
>
>Chris

And there are people who just think they can't grow EQ.  One friend and
trading partner, whom I prefer not to name, claimed it wouldn't grow for him
yet he sent EQ to me three times under another label.

Has EQ become one of those historics with imposters in distribution?  When it
first became available, it was lauded for its superior gardenability compared
with the typical half-breds of its time that had onco maternal lines -- and
it was one of the few that thrived in the north.

I hope I don't sound argumentative, but I'm puzzled.  Do you have problems
with other ABs with regelia maternal lines?  Do only the Craig types grow
well for you?

IMO, the Craig line is the "Road Not Taken" and I'd love to see someone pick
up the torch.  How's that for a series of cliches?

Sharon McAllister