Re: Re: CULT: red amoena (cameras)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: CULT: red amoena (cameras)
  • From: "jgcrump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 21:50:09 -0400

Christopher  --  Thanks for your comments.  I do prefer shooting in early or
late hours or when the sky is overcast.  This, too, however, has its
problems  --  particularly the enhanced blue tones which disappear in the
brighter hours, displaced by red.  I've posted an example of this color
shift on a seedling some time ago, and was reminded of it yesterday when a
maiden-bloom seedling shifted from a marvelous blue over blue-black in the
morning to a less dramatic blue-violet as the day progressed  -- but with
the original contrast reappearing as cloud cover came in.  One wonders which
photo "truly" represents the flower.  --  Griff