Re: TB: HYB: Eaves yellow

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: HYB: Eaves yellow
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 13:13:01 -0000

Linda,

I this thing died for you.  It is more susceptible to ratty foliage
than the 'Schreiner Blues', but they increase well and have tall
stalks and lots of bloom in spite of it.  As a group this year - a
really bad year - there was more bloom from these than anything else.
They are overcrowded and have been neglected and were later than
usual, but their spot was easily the most colorful concentration of
iris bloom this year.  Here, though, pollen is scarce on them.  They
give it sometimes, but there have been a couple of years when none of
the bunch produced any at all and when I've found it, less than half
the group have any.  Maybe if I gave them more room.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy technology. It's
free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM