TB: Hamblen iris

Barbara Null
Tyler, TX
Marie mentioned PEARLS AND GOLD by Hamblen, saying it doesn't have rapid increase.  These are the kinds of iris I want at my stage of the game.  Just can't keep up with the rank growers.  I love most of Hamblen's work.  WHERE THERES SM0KE by Tom Burseen and an unknown yellow/white are finishing up my season.  I usually do not like late blooming iris as it is as hot as a blast furnace starting in May and they wilt immediately but WTS holds up beautifully.  It is well-named as a clump looks like a cloud of smoke with the orange beards mocking glowing embers.  It is a r a m p a n t grower.  It winds up everywhere because a tiny missed fanlet soon becomes a clump.  This is not a show iris but as a garden iris it is wonderful though it does tend to lean.  After daylily season finishes, I am going to tackle my picture size problem and will send a picture.

See what's free at AOL.com.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News