CULT: proliferation

  • Subject: CULT: proliferation
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 11:02:24 -0500

One of the frozen bloomstalks that put out proliferations. This is one of
two that put out a bunch on one stem. Eight days ago I pried this one out
of the clump and counted 14 little fans on the stem. I buried this in a 6"
pot and filled it with creek sand up to just above the little nubs, soaked
it and set under the eave of the house so it couldn't get an additional
water. Today I knocked it out to see what was going on. Two of the nubs
have put out a single long root as seen in the photo. It also is forming
another nub much lower down on the stem. I was afraid the main rhizome
would start rot since it is all the way to the bottom of the pot, but there
is no sign of any rot - not yet, anyway. It's the only one of the
proliferations I've done anything with so far. Weird stuff, IMO.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group