Re: HYB: Small Flowered Talls

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Small Flowered Talls
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 08:00:48 -0700 (PDT)

Personally I like the idea of small flowered tall beardeds and believe they have a place in todays gardens.  Bigger does not always equal better, although the big beautiful things on the market today are also beautiful.  It is kind of like people.  Not all of us are 6 feet tall and robust.  Some of us are 5 feet tall and petite and most of us fall somewhere in the middle <GRIN>.

I really like the modern, ruffled, full, round form on some of the SFTB's and as long as they stay proportional and balanced feel like they are another advancement in the iris world.

Malevil Iris Gardens & Kennels