Re: CULT: Marking Culls

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Marking Culls
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" <mgreenfield@cinci.rr.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 12:43:30 -0400

Sorry Connie I don't send culls anywhere. They are culls and should be treated as such. The one on the left side of the photo has only one good feature. It has a very consistent color one the whole bloom. One that is one of the best examples of a self. It has no substance and low bud count. Plus short.
The one on the right side has a nice bloom it is an old faded bloom in photo. Two buds don't make a good 12" TB stalk. Bloom has just started and I have culled 8 so far out of 9. About 160 more to bloom and evaluated. So How much could the shipping be on the culled ones. It would be at least 700+ rhizomes. And I am just a backyard hybredizer. Think of all the culls the big growers have.
Instead support the Hybredizers so they will keep making new ones.
Mike Greenfield
Zone 5b
SW Ohio