Re: Noid-any idea what this old one might be

  • Subject: Re: Noid-any idea what this old one might be
  • From: Jean M Richter <richter@eecs.berkeley.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 09:44:03 -0700

With the usual caveats about ID-ing iris from pictures,
Indian Chief (Ayres 1929) is a strong contender.
The color, beard, and haft markings look right,
and it's a very strong grower - one of those
hard-to-kill iris.

You can find a picture at this web page -
scroll down and click on the Indian Chief link:

SF bay area, zone 9
where my few remaining iris blooms
melted in yesterday's 99-degree heat