HYB: another red

  • Subject: HYB: another red
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:09:18 -0700 (PDT)

I suppose it's not so uncommon for there to be similar irises in a bed... even in a breeding program.... but this one caught me off guard.  In the garden it is nearly identical to the 05-119-12 seedling... just shorter, slightly lesser quality.  Even down to the hint of yellow at the edges of the white zone at base of beard, the similarity is striking.

Oh, and it's a totally unrelated cross.  This one is Hotdogs and Mustard X Bill Tyson's 97-014-11.  They are both yellow and red broken color...  And then there's the styles... c'mon, you knew I'ld mention the styles eventually.  Check it out...  there's a fine line of yellow fringe... I like the fringie-ness.

The 05-119-12 received some pollen from this thing... and this thing received pollen from Rebound.  Rebound happens to have the exact same style fringe...  Now we wait.

christian

image/pjpeg

image/pjpeg