Re: HYB: Dark SA

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Dark SA
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 18:49:22 -0500

Christian  --  I haven't been deliberately breeding space-agers long, but the results appear to be similar to non-space-agers, with features of the parents showing up (or not) in varying degrees in the offspring.   I just can't recall seeing many dark ones.  That said, my first space-ager seedling was completely unexpected --  not from space-age parents  --  and was a dark red, but I was never able to do anything with it.  I have Triple Whammy, too, but never got anything from it.

Even though your seedling is a dark blue self, its parents indicate that if you breed with it, you'll get more colors.  The wilted horn isn't a good sign, though.  Several of the better hybridizers have registered seedlings with Triple Whammy in the pedigree.  Why don't you try it with a space-ager having good, broad falls and see what you get?  --  Griff