Re: Re: HYB Question and an SDB

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB Question and an SDB
  • From: bdavis3738@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 18:20:50 EDT

You're welcome Christian,

I may have posted one like it but I don't think I posted that very picture before.  Sorry if I did.  I have several shots of it blooming with 6 , 5 and 4 falls.  Funny little plant.

We did indeed have two late freezes that zapped the sdb's pretty badly.  Some didn't even bloom even though the foliage was more than big enough.  Many that did bloom bloomed very short.  Only now are some of the later stalks that are developing a bit taller.

I'd be interested to read what you come up with on your hypothosis for polytepal tendencies and cold weather being related. I don't recall hearing anyone research that possibility before.  Good luck!

Bri