RE: MTB: CRICKET SONG and sibling

  • Subject: RE: MTB: CRICKET SONG and sibling
  • From: David Ferguson <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:46:07 -0600

Just a quick thought.

Looks like the one on the right might be effective in mass plantings.  Lots of crowded flowers, and the shape sort of adds to the impact.

Dave Ferguson

To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
From: tesilvers@yahoo.com
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 13:19:56 -0700
Subject: [iris-photos] MTB: CRICKET SONG and sibling

These are two of the other reblooming (for 3 years now) MTB seedlings from Iris cengialtii X 'Clown Pants'. The one on the left (previously posted to the forum as "RE2") has been registered now as 'Cricket Song'. The one on the right ages to have a flower form that I don't like, so it probably won't ever be registered. However, I'll keep it around for possible breeding purposes, since it's been a reliable rebloomer - which is hard to find among the diploid MTB's. Hopefully I can think of some good mates to compensate for and correct its faults.