Re: PHOTO: help w thunderbird?- Test

Hi Linda
I've just added the insert menu included in http://mailtweak.mozdev.org/installation.html
So let's see if it works

I've inserted this time

Colleen

Impressive Irises wrote:

Hi Linda

That didn't work, I've now tried a click and drag.

I have my "compose" "Insert" option missing from my version so can't
try that.

I'm pasting in what the help file says here
"

Browse for an image

1. In the Compose window, select "Insert -> Image". The "Image
Properties" dialog box will appear.
2. Click on "Choose file" to locate the file that contains the image.
3. Put some words in the "Alternate text:" field or select "Don't use
alternate text", otherwise Thunderbird refuses to send the message.
* *Important:* Leave the "Attach this image to the message"
box (Thunderbird 2.0 and equivalent) /checked/.
4. then press "OK" to exit the "Image Properties" dialog.

[edit
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=Creating_complex_mails_with_inline_images&action="">edit&section=3>]

Drag & drop images

You can also drag the image file directly from your desktop or an open
folder into your message-composition window to place it there. By
default, no alternate text is specified. If you want to include an
alternate text, double-click on the image in your message to make the
respective settings in the Image Properties dialog.

[edit
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=Creating_complex_mails_with_inline_images&action="">edit&section=4>]

Copy & paste images

You can copy any image or the content of any open window to the
clipboard of your operating system, then paste it into the message.
Compared to using the "Insert" menu or drag & drop method, pasting will
usually /reduce/ the quality of the image in Thunderbird 2.0 (see bugs
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_complex_mails_with_inline_images#Related_bugs>,
Thunderbird 3.0 will paste in lossless PNG by default and has an
increased quality setting if pasting in JPEG format). Thus, the other
two methods are preferred.

*Hack:* As a workaround for Thunderbird 2.0 on Windows, and if you feel
comfortable modifying programs, you can increase the pasting quality
with a hex editor (for example, XVI32
<http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm>). Go to
Thunderbird's installation directory
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installation_directory>. Make a backup copy
of the main Thunderbird executable (for example, thunderbird.exe on
Windows), then use the hex editor to edit the original. Search for the
Unicode string |transparency=none| and change it to: |quality=100|
Either pad the new string with six spaces, or add a NUL byte (hex 00) at
the end of the new string, so that the length of the file remains
exactly the same. Every time Thunderbird updates to a new version, you
will have to edit the updated executable file.

*Note:* On Linux, copy & paste or drag & drop may not work for
Thunderbird 2.0, or paste a file path as text instead (this is fixed in
3.0)."

Hope this shows up

Colleen