AB: repeat bloom
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: AB: repeat bloom
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 14:07:22 -0500

It's so strange to have any iris blooming here at this date. The spurias
are still blooming and this repeat stalk on an AB cross of (MOHR PRETENDER x
DESERT DIAMOND) X SURPASSING YELLOW. I'm really surprised it made it. Last
week a sibling was blooming and this week I found a second bloom stalk
emerging on this one. Hope that's it because that now only leaves two fans.
This bloom has more red than the stalks that bloomed in April. It's nice to
see, but I really don't trust bloomstalks to have successful bloom this
late. There's another AB doing it and the new stalk on this one, so I can
only hope. Naturally, after having some of the wind go away, this waited
for a really windy day to bloom.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA