Re: SDB Seedling- Intense
  • Subject: Re: SDB Seedling- Intense
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:54:01 -0400

All:  Never underestimate the ingenuity of a hybridizer  --  Griff
Griffin's Den
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:09 AM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SDB Seedling- Intense

Jan -- I'm sure you're joking, but chunks of ice were my "secret weapon" for getting SDB bloom in southern NM.  On very cold mornings, the dog's water pan would be iced over.  Fragments of broken ice scattered around SDBs significantly increased the bloom ratio.
Of course, the dog was a St. Bernard and his water pan was a standard stock tank next to the SDB bed so we're talking about more than a few ice cubes.....
Sharon McAllister