HYB: Tea Leaves descendants
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: HYB: Tea Leaves descendants
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 18:45:29 -0400

We wondered a few years ago why TEA LEAVES hasn't been used in breeding
rebloomers, since it seems to be another good strong healthy one that
can rebloom in the heat. Nothing registered anyway.

I now have a few seedlings from it, and am one trait that is a problem
with it: stalks can be like TL - poorly anchored and prone to tilt over
or fall completely. Seedlings from this particular cross mostly have
really nice thick wide petals, heavy substance, but the one I've
nicknamed 'big brown' is way too vertical.

FINAL EPISODE X (TEA LEAVES x MATRIX).

So far, I've gotten quite a few nice things from it, and surprisingly
wide falls (see earlier photo of TL X CHAMPAGNE ELEGANCE and TL X GOLDEN
PANTHER).

Even more surprising it hasn't been used more, now that I've seen what
it can do with a good 'upgrade'.

Any of the rest of you played with TEA LEAVES and have any seedling pix
to share or comments?

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7

JPEG image