Vs: [iris-photos] TB: Stingray and OT

From: "Jan Jacobsen" <jacobsen.dorph@get2net.dk>

Hi Dennis
Nice pictures you send!
Here in Denmark we have 3 weeks or so ,before the first TB.
Please do not waste your time trying cross your Lilium superbum with an asiatic, it won`t work.
If you grow some martagons lilies you can cross it with those, and perhaps get some seeds.

Jan Jacobsen Denmark
jacobsen.dorph@get2net.dk

>STINGRAY (Monty Byers, 1989) Reblooming TB SA, large ruffled and horned.
>Blue violet.
>
>That's some garlic in the upper left, an asiatic lily to the right, and an
>Iris virginica var. shrevei behind that lily.
>
>(I've got a native woodland lily, Lilium superbum, that grows 7 ft. tall.
>I'm going to try hybridizing with the asiatic lily.  They're both in the
>same genus, so it might work.)

Did you know ONElist has over 300 Star Wars lists?
http://www.onelist.com
Join one today!