OT: Iris ramblings

From: Iris Kathleen <iriskathleen@yahoo.com>

My name is Iris Kathleen. Hi. I am a lurker among both the 77 members
of iris-photo and the 306 members of iris-talk. I have no digital
camera, no scanner, and a poor quality 126 instamatic at that.

However, I do have some very tall [about 4 feet] very dark blue/black
bearded irises in full bloom with multiple heads on each stalk, a
couple of light blue 'tops' with dark blue falls [bearded], an ancient
almost black bearded with purple from the base to about 1/4 up the fan,
and one gorgeous light blue bearded. I know the names of NONE of these.
Hence I devour every picture I find on iris-photo looking for mine! And
very lovely pictures there are too! Thank you. Wish I had some of mine
posted too.

My japanese irises are only two remaining and my dwarfs I added this
year have not yet bloomed.

I am only the second or third year growing irises now. I have only been
gardening for a very few years at all. In the past, my touch has been
deadly. Now it is no  longer so. I have always loved irises, as did my
late grandmother.

Two days ago I released about 1500 lady bugs who feasted on the
beginnings of a gigantic aphid invasion. They feasted indeed. A few
lady bugs remain, but I see no aphids, for now.

Nice to meet you all, and I am slowly learning iris vocabulary from
these wonderful postings. Thank you,

===
Iris Kathleen
zone 7, North Carolina, USA