iris hybridizing book

  • Subject: [iris-photos] iris hybridizing book
  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 14:09:36 -0800

A bit off topic - a book with no pictures but packed full of
observations and conjecture.  In the late 1960s I used to borrow this
book every year from the library, and have never seen a copy for sale
until last week.  I didn't buy it because it is mostly about bearded,
and my property got too shady for them to bloom.

Iris Culture and Hybridizing for Everyone by Wilma L. Vallette, with
information gathered mostly from members of AIS hybridizing round
robins.  Published 1961.  Powells Books in Portland Oregon has a copy
for $17.95.  http://www.powells.com

		Diane Whitehead   Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!
Includes black and color ink.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/XwUZwC/MkNDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM