Re: iris hybridizing book

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: iris hybridizing book
  • From: neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:43:02 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., Diane Whitehead <voltaire@i...> wrote:
> A bit off topic - a book with no pictures but packed full of
> observations and conjecture... Iris Culture and Hybridizing for
Everyone by Wilma L. Vallette, with information gathered mostly from
members of AIS hybridizing round robins.  Published 1961.  Powells
Books in Portland Oregon has a copy  for $17.95.
> 		Diane Whitehead   Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Diane, I am glad you posted this.  I also have a copy of Wilma's
book.  She was a friend from many years ago--lived about three or
four hours away (close by Region 11 standards!)  I read the book over
and over and learned much from it.  Even the wildest of the
conjectures was born of much thought and experience.

Neil Mogensen z 6b/7a near Asheville, NC

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!
Includes black and color ink.