Re: Iris in Idaho

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Iris in Idaho
  • From: "lmmunro" lmmunro@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 02:51:33 -0000

Too late for planting in the ground where you are. You can put in
pots but they can't be left outside to freeze; nor should they be
brought in a warm house. I have  potted rhizomes when its too late
for outdoor planting, or tiny wimpy rhizomes and put them in my
unheated garage. The garage gets cold but does not freeze. I gave
them a bit of water every few weeks or so, so they didn't dry out,
and almost all survived. Some even bloomed in the spring, a little
ahead of their 'grounded' compadres.

--- In iris-photos@y..., "brice rose" <iris@s...> wrote:
> Could some one help me out here?   Does anyone know if it is too
cold to plant iris right now in Idaho?  If a person put them in pots
would that help?       Just wondering.....
> Thanks,  Bonnie
as well here in Arizona as it does in California (if at all), but I
say it's worth a try. Thank you for posting it.  Have any others to
>   Margie V.
>   Oro Valley, AZ.
>   Zone 8/9
>   IrisLady@c...