Re: OT: daylilies, Black Eyed Susans, was Imput needed

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: OT: daylilies, Black Eyed Susans, was Imput needed
  • From: "Christopher Darlington" chris.darlington@sympatico.ca
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 19:43:14 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, oneofcultivars@a... wrote:

> I can afford irises and black eyed susans.

Well, aint that funny !  I feel the same way, that's why I made
myself a ton of Daylily crosses this year. Irises set the yard abaze
with glorious color in Spring but I want to do the same with
Daylilies for Summer and Fall.  I'm not too picky about them though,
I just want em to bloom.  BTW, I picked up a hybrid Black Eyed Susan
this summer that had huge long lasting flowers.  Bloom didn't poop
out after just a few weeks either, some of them are still blooming
now and it's been snowing here.