Re: variegated seedling (4)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: variegated seedling (4)
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:19:21 -0000

> You might try clipping the foliage on this one to attemp forcing
the growth
> of a central leaf. It appears to be puttin' most of its energy
into growing the
> two outside leaves. I not can see where you would loose any thing
by doing
> so.

I don't think this plant is putting any energy into growing at
all :).  It had settled in as is while still in the pot.  The only
difference is that the outer fan leaves have died.  As for cutting
it off I don't think I'd lose anything, but grasshoppers do it all
the time for me and I've yet to see that help the plant.  I myself
have knocked a couple off with the garden hose, but they didn't make
up for the loss with new growth.  I have green-leaved seedlings
doing the same thing.  Some just won't grow, it seems.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA