Re: TB: Aura Light

Kitty Johnston <kitty@ojai.net> wrote:

>My Aura Light has mustardy falls.
>On Sunday, November 9, 2003, at 04:36 PM, J. Griffin Crump wrote:
>> AURA LIGHT, when blooming in my yard, looks like Margie's, with the
>> bright
>> yellow falls.  However, the single photo of it that I have shows the
>> falls a
>> little darker than Margie's but lighter than Bill's.  I think your
>> iris is
>> AURA LIGHT, Bill, and that, if the photo represents its true color, the
>> plant may be affected by something in the soil.
>> AL has good substance and is fertile both ways.  --  Griff

 The colour difference  is probably a temperature affect. My Aura Light is more like Bills. I suspect a light tint of anthocyanin which is more pronounced in colder areas especially where spring weather is colder. also cloud cover/sunlight ratios during week before bud opens also has the result of more anthocyanin and hence darker falls in this case. The light anthocyanin tints are very temperature/sunlight sensitive. A case in point is Thornbird. Much colour variation in different climates. Thornbird has a light violet overlay (anthocyanin).