Re: HYB: End of Season/pigments (from photos)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: End of Season/pigments (from photos)
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 05:23:18 -0500

Yes, Francelle, this seems to be turning into a 13 month of the year
hobby <g> .... or :-( !!

This is the seedling for which I was posting all the questions on
iris-talk about pigments.  I <think> it has possibilities as a parent,
just needed some help figuring out what they are <g>.

Chuck and Neil gave me enough info to get ideas about some of it, but
I'm still clueless about the white area under the beard and what I might
cross it with to either make it go away or make it nicer/transform it
into something else.

It is missing both yellow pigments in the same 'spot', which doesn't
extend to the rim of the falls.

And is missing anthocyanin, but that seems to be the 'messy hafts' type
of missing anthocyanin (I(s), umbrata or plicata or ???) rather than a
'zone' & extends to the edge of the falls.

Until I got this seedling, I hadn't been trying too hard to understand
white fall spot heredity because I don't much care for that look, with
or without stripes.  But I do like some of the luminatas (photos).

<Linda, it looks like your season isnít ending.  Itís just moving
.... that Immortality X Pinafore Pink seedling.. seems to be an
interesting gold-brown blend.  It has a good stalk and nice form, and a
rebloomer too.  It looks promising to me. Francelle Edwards  Glendale,
AZ  Zone 9>
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links