Re: CULT: rebloom -- indoor seedling

  • Subject: Re: CULT: rebloom -- indoor seedling
  • From: ttowle1@comcast.net
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:44:55 +0000

Where do you garden? My rebloomers were late this year and frost has nipped a few but they are still budding out. Also wet in the midwest so this must be the reason.
From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>

Hi all,
Call me old fashioned, but I'd like to see more of a swing back to this "dated" form, or even more "dated".  Some of these newer ones with "full", "rounded", or "flaring" flowers don?t even look like Iris to me anymore.  I like it.  I have lots with this form, but none of them are such a nice dark rich color.  I might add that by my old-fashioned standards, this one even looks "modern".
Not a single rebloom this year for me, and I've no others in the area either.  It was a very wet cool summer, and it's been a relatively cool autumn.  Wonder how that relates.
Best to all,