Re: sdb-DD05-49a

  • Subject: Re: sdb-DD05-49a
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 01:09:35 -0000

I find that all the rebloomers in my Northern climate rebloom as
per the amount of daylight hours they need in the spring,. That is the
number of hours of sunlight in day is what triggers the rebloom. they
also ususally have just one period of rebloom with the SDBs ususally
reblooming only a few days before a frost kills the bloomstalk.

Forever Blue and some of its seedlings don't depent on hours of
sunlight , but rebloom whenever a rhizome reaches bloom size. The
only plant that I have crossed FB to to get daylight independent
rebloomers was What Again. One of the ancestors of FB was Shy Violet
with Sapphire Jewel as a grandpaent. Of note, Sigh was also in
parentage of FB

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "loictasquier" <tasquierloic@...>
wrote:

> Hello chuck
>

> Could you please translate into vernacular English "Daylight
> Independent rebloom AKA Forever Blue"...
> Loic
>

> --- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, irischapman@ wrote:
> >
> > Watch this seedling closely as it has the approprriate parentage
> to give Daylight Independent rebloom AKA Forever Blue .
> >
> > Chuck Chapman

> ___
> > Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-
> leading spam and email virus protection.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News