Re: TB: HYB: clear rim on falls

  • Subject: Re: TB: HYB: clear rim on falls
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:02:05 -0500

Francelle  --  Having other hybridizers critique your seedlings is very valuable  --  and having more than one other hybridizer do so is even more valuable.  What one person considers a fault  --  such as haft marks  -- another may not.  As with doctors, it's sometimes a good idea to get a second opinion.  I always remember with regret the opinion rendered many years ago by another hybridizer about a couple of my seedlings which had the Emma Cook pattern in shades of rose.  He said, "Why waste garden space on a pattern that already exists?"  Being cramped for such space, I reluctantly followed his advice.  Of course, it wasn't the pattern that was unique about them, but the color!  Show your seedling and see what other comments it gets.  --  Griff