Re: Re: HYB autumn pods

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB autumn pods
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:32:52 +0100

It's not that it's forbidden, but even if some pods make it before hard frost, some of course don't , and it' such a waste of effort that, one day,  i understand i might advise beginners not to bother....
But since i'm still a beginner, full of naive energy, not blasé yet, well, i did it again!
i admire your persistence at crossing all these "ugly little ones", (like most judges would call them...), and i'm so happy more people make crosses that will eventually bring something new, by using neglected paths.
95 % of space in catalogues is taken by irises that keep on passing the same genes, and even if there might be better shapes and bud counts, it's sometimes hard to tell some from the others...
If Hager hadn't used the aphyllas, the Craigs wouldn't have come that far with their little gems, and i wouldn't be dreaming at night of all these exciting crosses that have never been made!
I will keep trying to daub diplo-Clown Pants pollen on every tetra that will seem to be willing to get it!
It's such a kick to try and beat the odds!
Thanks for the pictures, it's always inspiring!