Re: HAS ANYONE MADE A WINTER CROSS?

  • Subject: Re: HAS ANYONE MADE A WINTER CROSS?
  • From: Robin Shadlow <rshadlow@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 23:34:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi Kent,

Actually conditions indoors are good for setting pods as you don't have the issues with humidity.  Last year I set a pod on Again and Again indoors.  It is considered a very difficult pod parent, so I was pleasantly surprised.

I have bloomed seedlings that came from winter pods, so the seeds can be viable.  The only issue is that they ripen quite late.  Possibly too late to plant until next fall if they will be planted outside.

Glad to see that  am not the only one who can't stand to see stalks freeze.  Good luck wth your winter crosses!

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE