AIS Bulletin updates!
  • Subject: AIS Bulletin updates!
  • From: "Kelly D. Norris" <kellydn@frontiernet.net>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 21:19:43 -0600

Hello folks!

It’s my pleasure to announce that starting with the January 2011 issue, Irises: The Bulletin of The American Iris Society will be printed in FULL color by vote of the AIS Board this past weekend (at a savings to the Society no less thanks to a change of printing vendors!)

This is also a friendly reminder of the upcoming editorial deadline for the January 2011 issue on November 15.  I’m also again soliciting your contributions for the new department called “In Your Backyard”.  This is a great opportunity for any of our AIS readers (and non-AIS readers too!) to contribute little pieces (less than 500 words!) about “what’s goin’ on” in your garden.  What varieties grew well this season?  What turned out to be your favorite cultivar?  Did you grow a new species and have tremendous success?  Did a few must-haves become must-composts?  Tell us your garden news!  We want to hear from YOU!

Here's the redux:

1)      Send to editor@irises.org your short (less than 500 word) contributions!

2)      Send along a photo of yourself or of your garden (must be publishable quality, 300 dpi resolution, and a JPEG or TIFF)

As always, I’m open to suggestions from anyone.  Provide your feedback and help make your official magazine a success!

Editorially yours,

Kelly D. Norris

Farm Manager, Rainbow Iris Farm

Editor, Irises: The Bulletin of the American Iris Society

Bedford & Ames, IA

Zone 4b/5a

Read my blog at: http://www.kellydnorris.com

Check out my bookazine at:  http://www.digthismag.com