REB: Immortality X Gypsy Lord - fall maidenRe:
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: REB: Immortality X Gypsy Lord - fall maidenRe:
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:05:49 -0500

Oh very nice!

That's a cross I really wanted to make, thought it would give good
blooms & some potential for pattern. Nice that it might be able to
rebloom. Frustrating that any pattern is hidden behind all that white.

Great breeding material, even with stalks too weak to hold up blooms. I
have some MATRIX X GYPSY LORD that are old enough to bloom but haven't
yet. Weak cross, but a few have survived. No idea what the blooms will
look like, but was hoping for big blooms & pattern genes to donate to
the mix.

Let me know if you want to trial any from that cross here ;-) Or any
that you are going to throw away. Getting chunky stalks first
generation from IMM has been a problem, but I do have a few, so second
generation should? be easy? to correct.

Does it have "normal" anthers? or are they shriveled and empty? Was the
form of sibs as good as this one?

thanks for posting, Mary Lou. I'd enjoy seeing the spring bloom
stalk/clump stalk or two.

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7