Re: HYB: seed germination
  • Subject: Re: HYB: seed germination
  • From: robert sutton <20060sutton@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:41:10 -0700

I have been trying Vincent Vhristopherson's method of fall germination this year. the idea is to take a seed pod that is just about to open, after it has ripened, open, take the seed out and place in a baggie with some damp sand. 12 weeks in the fridge, then take out during the day time to stimulate the seeds with warmth of the late summer. So far have not seen any sign of germination I've tried 10 pods this way. I had great success this past spring with my spring germination,(over winter in the fridge) had planted 475 sprouted seedlings into 16 oz plastic drinking glasses, with several drainage holes burnt into the bottoms. I planted them out this fall into a garden area, . I notice that most have multiple growths, so am curious as to what spring will bring.