Re: PHOTOS: Belvi Queen

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: PHOTOS: Belvi Queen
  • From: alhbee@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 00:05:24 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@w...> wrote:
> Belvi Queen's picture reminds me of Rainbow Hues, too many colors
on one flower, and the hot sun fades them.  However appreciation for
Rainbow Hues has grown on me, and it's one of my husband's favorites.
> Francelle Edwards  Zone 9

I too like Rainbow Hues. I was pointing out the blend of colors to a
friend. He turned around and pointed at Snow Mound, saying "I much
prefer that to the mix of colors. I do enjoy the blends. Different
strokes for different folks.
The hibiscus is a tropical. We bring them out on the deck for the
summer. I guess it is like a fling on the beach for them as they do
respond. The last several years, our daughter gives her mother a
hibiscus for Mothers day.

PS: Laurie, Snow Mound is a PBF. I have found almost 100% of my PBF's
to be hardy, healthy, vigorous and rather immune to rot.