Re: Re: Photographic gear

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Photographic gear
  • From: Margie Valenzuela IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:32:56 -0700

My Sony DSC-S70 digital is equipped with a precision 6x zoom. Optical zoom - - is unknown to me.  It also has a 3.3 Mega Pixels CCD. Note that: digital zooming deteriorates the picture quality. So.......
For me - - I find the best photos are taken when I use a higher Image size/resolution ( like 1280x960 or even higher).  It does take up more space on the memory stick and the size is quite large, but it's worth the clarity. Later, on the computer I can cut away the excess, without cutting away the size or reducing the quality of the photo. If I do reduce the size of the photo it's still better quality than beginning with a lower resolution/Image size - like 640x480.
(Photo quality IS compromised a little though when I compress it for displaying the photo on Iris-Photos.)
Using the Sharpness Level option in conjunction with the higher resolution - - makes for great computer photos, reproduced photos on photo paper, as well as poster size print-outs. Investing in a larger memory stick is definitely worth the investment.
The Carl Zeiss MTF lens does a top notch job reproducing the subject contrast.  The camera also has a built in microphone to record the names of the iris (or whatever) as I take the photo. (that comes in handy)  Rarely do I use the focus and AE options, but when I do - - that can make a difference in the photo as well.
Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor